2020 presented unprecedent challenges to a lot of businesses. They had to relearn how to conduct business without compromising the safety and health of their employees, patrons and partners. Wingfield Sign & Graphics also had to learn how to adapt to these new challenges and with the support of all the parties involved, we made it through the year.
Now, 2021 is here and optimism is brewing inside us. We are seeing lots of progress being done in the fight against the virus and we are ready to get back to normal business – this whole thing definitely made us stronger and without any doubt, made us cherish the simple things in life that we previously took for granted.
With that said, we’d like to thank all our clients who have been supporting us for all these 16 plus years, without you nothing would have been possible. We appreciate your loyalty and support. So let’s get back to business and say bye to Covid!
Monument Signs For Cawley Partners
Wingfield Sign & Graphics has recently completed yet another project for developer Cawley Partners in the Dallas/Addison area. This time Wingfield Sign & Graphics was commissioned to design and build two internally illuminated monument signs – one facing the Dallas tollway and the other facing Knoll Trail Road. The building currently houses Cawley Partner’s headquarters.
For this project, Wingfield Sign & Graphics had to take into consideration the design of the building. The building (completed early in 2015) had bricks and cast concrete incorporated into its design so Wingfield Sign & Graphics used similar types of material for the construction of the monuments. The copy area of the monument consisted of cut out aluminum panels with “push-through” acrylic letters that were back lit by LEDs. These acrylic letters used perforated black vinyl that appear black during the day and shine bright white after dark. The result was visually very pleasing since the monuments did not interfere with the ground surroundings and served the purpose of clearly identifying the current building tenants.
Wingfield Sign & Graphics has been helping Cawley Partners with their multitude of signage needs for several years now. Wingfield Sign & Graphics has been serving the Dallas / Fort Worth area for over 12 years now and some of its customers include numerous small business to large corporations and institutions such as NBC, Time Warner Cable, University of Texas, Texas Workforce Commission, and several others.
For a free sign consultation and quote please give us a call today at 817-628-1002.
General & Signage Advice When Starting A Business
Despite all the current discussions about immigration, one fact that is undeniably one of the main drivers of immigration patterns is opportunities. The US still continues to be the land of opportunities and, therefore, competition to settle (or stay) in this country keeps getting tougher every year. How many success stories have you heard about immigrants in the US that became wealthy after years of hard work even though they could barely speak the language upon arrival?
Several of these individuals most likely chose the path of entrepreneurship to succeed. This is quite understandable as entrepreneurship doesn’t present boundaries (at least initially) as far as education, race or social status. Anybody with strong will and motivation can become an entrepreneur (no matter how small the venture is).
Obviously, strong will and motivation are two major assets you will need as an entrepreneur, however, they are not the single factors that will determine your success in business. After years of observation and dealing with start ups, I can safely say that knowing to manage your business well is probably the most important factor to stay in business. I have lost count of businesses we have helped with our signs that had an amazing new business idea but fell short of their aspirations due to simply bad management.
So to help the business community and new aspiring entrepreneur out there, here are a few lines of advice for you:
- Create a business plan prior to starting up – yes, it is that important. This business plan, if done seriously, will tell if your business idea is viable or not and will probably save you a lot of time, money and hardship in the future.
- In your business plan, pay especial attention to your financials. Understand your margins, your break even point, net profit, cash flow, etc. If these terms sound unfamiliar to you, please do yourself a favor and look up these terms on the internet to educate yourself.
- Also in your business plan, understand your competitive landscape and plan your marketing strategy accordingly. Understanding your competitor’s business model can be sometimes more important than understanding your own business.
- Upon starting your business, make sure you understand the basics of accounting. Be paranoid about your financial numbers – you should know how your cash flow looks almost on a daily basis. Don’t assign a 3rd party accountant to pay for your bills or collect/deposit your money. It’s always good to do that yourself for better understanding of your finances. If you don’t know how much you’re bringing home, you don’t know much about your business.
- Be customer focused. If you’re nice to them and offer a good service, they will come back. They will refer you to others. They will help you grow your business. It’s very difficult to get new customers and keep them. It’s very easy to alienate them.
- When investing in new assets (new employees, equipment, advertising, etc), make sure you understand how long you are going to take to recover your investment and how much your return on investment (ROI) is. Remember that an asset that is not generating revenue is a losing asset. Don’t invest in those assets!
- When starting a retail shop, make sure you have your storefront sign before you open up your store. You’d want to generate awareness and perhaps some business even before your business is open. Often times we’ve helped businesses that did not have a storefront sign on their opening day either because it took longer than thought to get it approved by the City or because the owner just thought that his sign was already available on the shelf to be put up (it takes in average 3-4 weeks to produce an average size sign!). Remember that if you don’t have a sign and you are not generating foot traffic for your retail store, it won’t take too long for your business to fold – bills for start ups start mounting really quickly.
I could go on and on with more advice but really don’t want to get you discouraged. Being an entrepreneur (and a successful one) is a very rewarding experience. We live in the land of opportunities and you should make full use of them! So if you like to get started with your storefront sign, please contact us at 817-628-1002 for a free consultation. We’ll be glad to help the next successful entrepreneur!
Open Carry Gun Laws 30.06 and 30.07 Effective January 1st in Texas
Until Jan 1, 2016, licensed gun owners were allowed to carry concealed handguns. However, effective Jan 1, licensed gun owners can openly carry their guns. Any business that wish to prohibit people from entering their premises with open or concealed guns must display signs outside in English and Spanish. Wingfield Sign & Graphics can provide you signs for the public entrances of your business that will be complaint with the new gun laws (30.06 and 30.07). Please call us at 817-628-1002 for a quick consultation.
Time Warner Cable Store in Mesquite, Texas.
Time Warner Cable has opened a new store in the North East Mall in Mesquite, Texas. Time Warner Cable commissioned Wingfield Sign & Graphics to provide the exterior and interior signage for this new facility.
Among the signs provided by Wingfield are the exterior illuminated channel letter, window graphics, interior mural graphics, and dimensional signage. The relationship between Time Warner Cable and Wingfield dates back from 2006 and attests Wingfield’s ability to deliver high-quality projects on time and on budget.
Looking for Signs in Dallas? Wingfield Sign & Graphics was featured in the January 2013 issue of Sign Builder Illustrated. This widely popular trade magazine (among sign makers) presented an article on dimensional letters and Wingfield provided some insights into the process of making this common type of signage. Sign Builder Illustrated is known among sign professionals for providing “how-to” articles and Wingfield was selected for its expertise in this area to contribute to this article.
Workforce Solutions Signs Dallas – Preston Office
Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas has just opened its new office at Preston and Alpha Road and Wingfield was commissioned to provide all the facilities interior and exterior signage. Wingfield has been working with Workforce Solutions Greater Dallas since 2008 when it was selected to provide all the interior and exteri
or signage for all their 13 facilities across the Dallas Metroplex in a major rebranding effort.
The new Preston office is one of the largest Workforce Solutions centers in Dallas. Among the signs provided by Wingfield are an awning, dimensional letters, window graphics and directional signs. The long relationship between Workforce Solutions and Wingfield is another evidence of the reliability, service and competitive pricing that Wingfield can offer.
Time Warner Cable – Alma Drive – Business Signs Dallas
Wingfield has just completed a exterior business sign for the newest Time Warner Cable facility in the Dallas area. It is located at 700 Alma Drive in Plano just north of the President George Bush Turnpike. This new Time Warner Cable facility is scheduled to open in February of 2013. Wingfield provided all its exterior signage which includes 3 sets of internally illuminated channel letters and 3 awnings. The channel letters followed the corporate guidelines for the logo design and the awnings also used the corporate defined Sky Blue color.
Wingfield has been providing signage to Time Warner Cable for the past 6 years. In 2010, as a result of a TWC rebranding project that included a new corporate logo, Wingfield provided signage to about 15 facilities across Texas including Dallas-Fort Worth, El Paso and San Antonio. This new project in Plano is the most recent proof of the successful partnership between Wingfield Sign & Graphics and Time Warner Cable.
We recently completed and exterior sign project for Workforce Solutions of Greater Dallas. It included a large exterior business sign for their Dallas business location with channel letters in an alternating color pattern.
This style of sign is becoming very popular in Dallas these days.
Signs Dallas, Dallas Signs, Signs in Dallas, Exterior Business Signs Dallas